"I tell them that actually figure skating is an extreme sport, it's tougher than hockey," said Laraque, after catching his breath during a training session with his skating partner in the Montreal suburb of Ste-Julie. "Figure skaters are mentally and physically much tougher than many athletes."

~ Georges Laraque, Canadian hockey player turned figure skater

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Who's Packed?

How long does it take you to pack? Anyone done? A good rule of thumb is to throw in everything you think you need/want, and then take half of it out. Easier said than done with all the paraphernalia skating requires. What takes up more space? Costumes or other clothing?

Jennifer Simon is already in SLC, and reports of snow are on the radar. From what I understand, the weather is not so predictable. Sorry folks in the Midwest and East. But bring your warm stuff!  Here in the West we have had rain and cold (for us) temps. Reports from inside the arena are that the East rink is an arctic zone, and the West rink is San Diego. I wish I had flip flops that convert into Uggs. Shoes take up too much space.

Hints on Interp. programs this year. Let's have 'em! Leave your clues here and let's see if we can guess your character/theme. I won't be 'blue' if there's 'coffee' involved.

In a couple of days, a SLC hotel will be converted into a princess palace and a sous chef's kitchen. Looking forward to that! Where is RKD staying this year? What kinds of philosophical questions will BB ask in person?   Lord Go-Go, what do you have in store for us this year? I need some Haribo please.

Let me hear from you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm a high-maintenance packer. I make lists weeks ahead of time, and then highlight each items as it's packed -- using different-colored highlighting pens depending on which bag the item went into, natch. ;)

    My toiletries/cosmetics take up the most space ... more than costumes or clothes. Hey, I did say I was high-maintenance!

    Thanks for the weather and rink-temperature reports. Can't wait to see everyone! AN #17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stuff is in a pile on the floor. Never fully unpacked after Colonial 3 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start tossing items into the suitcase a week out...I will get it organized today! I pride myself as an expert packer since I spent 10 years as a flight attendant. After Ensuring I have the skates, music, and costume...nothing else to really worry about. A camera and swimsuit are nice to have!
    Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The suitcase is out and I have the piles of clothes that my dog keeps laying on. Don't be surprised if I show up with half of a corgi on me! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Takes me three days to pack. Taking things out is just not part of my genetic makeup. If it fits and makes airline weight requirement, it goes with me! My dresses are pretty skimpy so they take up minimal space. But skates, practice clothing, and other clothing, well, that is another story. And with the report of snowfall, I need shoes other than the flip flops I have been wearing for the past week....
    Artistic brings us back to the sexy skating vixen of the 80's....with a comedic twist....
    Looking forward to seeing everyone. Anyone know how close the nearest Starbucks is? This is important if Jay the Cookie Man returns....cookies and cappuccino ....ahhh....safe and hassle-free travels to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pulled out the suit case this morning after coaxing from my partner in crime who is already packed. The thought of packing snow weather clothing after we just got out from under several feet of snow is depressing....but alas....I get to skate for the next 3 days...it can't be that bad. I will not forget a swim suit this time. Look forward to meeting new friends and seeing old ones. Utah here I come !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo....my new USA jacket came...love it.. it's coming with me! As for interp...free your mind with my artistic and find all the letters in my program...channel your inner muppet with my comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue? Did someone say "Blue"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord GoGo will be presenting a performance art piece showcasing the vulnerability of humanity. The theme is about peeling the layers off the skin of destruction and will be very thought-provoking. He hopes you all will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete